Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm Being Blackmailed by Nina Garcia




Well, not really, but it kind of feels like it.

You probably know what I mean though. Somehow I have "subscribed" to Marie Claire magazine and I keep getting emails with an invoice to pay my bill. It is only $8.00, but I hate this crap. It is like I am being hounded every other day by the kid down the street to buy a box of cookies. Sure, it looks good and it doesn't cost a ton, but do I really NEED a box of thin mints or a magazine subscription? (All apologies to the Girls Scouts, I just used you as an example because who doesn't love thin mints?)

Could I spend that $8 on something better? Probably.

Do I enjoy Marie Claire magazine? I'm not sure if I like it more than the next fashion mag.

Do I love Nina Garcia? Of course I do, but does that mean I need to read her magazine?

If I keep ignoring these emails, what are the odds that Nina herself will show up at my door to get my payment? Would she have change for $20 or would I need to write a check? On second thought, I should just pay up so that I don't have to worry about having on my finest in case she does show up.

So, I guess I could give it a shot for $8. It isn't that much.

Ok, here you go Nina. Don't spend it all in one place.

Now how do I tell my husband that I have another fashion magazine subscription besides the InStyle one he bought me?

No comments:

Post a Comment